I really like using colored eyeliners for daytime looks, just for a teensy pop of color without being over the top. My favorite are Urban Decay’s 24/7 eyeliners, which have great pigmentation, beautiful, unique shades and all-day staying power. Of course it depends on exactly how conservative your workplace is, but I think most offices would let a nice jewel tone slide.
How to get the look:
1) Start with an eye primer. (I used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original.)
2) Add a neutral, matte taupe all over your eyelid. (I used Like a Virgin by Too Faced.)
3) With a fluffy brush, sweep a shimmery white-gold highlight on your upper eyelid up to your brow bone. (I used Virgin by Urban Decay.)
4) Using a pencil brush, brush a gunmetal charcoal into your outer V and into the crease, then smoke out. (I used Gunmetal by Urban Decay.)
5) Highlight your inner corner and up above your all-over color with a light golden peach shadow. (I used X by Urban Decay.)
6) Line your eyes with a bright sapphire blue eyeliner, and slightly wing it out. (I used Radium by Urban Decay.)
7) Line your waterline. I used a warm golden brown, so it wouldn’t be too harsh for daytime, but of course you could use the same sapphire eyeliner for an evening look. (I used Bourbon by Urban Decay.)
7) Curl eyelashes, if you like, and add mascara. (I used the Shu Uemura eyelash curler and Maybelline Volum’Express The Falsies waterproof in Blackest Black.)
You might have noticed how weird my eyebrows look. I didn’t even notice them until way after the pictures were taken. I normally don’t do anything with my brows. They’re naturally thick and generally fairly tame; I only have to pluck a few strays every now and then, and brush them into place. I don’t even use a brow gel. Obviously I should’ve paid more attention this time! Oh well, ignore the brows. (I usually do.)
For the rest of my look, I used:
Urban Decay Pore Perfecting primer
Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation in 6.0
Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer in Radiant
NYX Powder Blush in Natural
On my lips, I’m wearing Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Charm.
Before I went out the door, I also set with Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray, and finished with Lavshuca loose face powder in Lucent on top.
Did anyone get anything from the Urban Decay Friends & Family sale? I only picked up the vintage Brightening face primer. I sooooo wanted the Vice palette, but it was just a little too rich for my blood, even after the discount. I hear the Sephora Friends & Family event is coming up soon, so I may give into temptation again…
In other news, I went to ULTA today for their Cut-a-thon to benefit breast cancer research. You had your choice of a free shampoo and cut, or mini-facial, with a $10 donation. I haven’t had a haircut in over a year now (procrastinator!), so this was a great opportunity to at least chop off my split ends. The girl who did my hair was named Megan, and she was great. I’ve never used The Salon at ULTA before, but I may end up going back to her in the future.
I’m also thinking of dying my hair. I’d like to go for a milk tea brown. What do you think? Would it suit me?