Hmm, OK, so that name is a bit misleading. I was watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic the other day, simply because we recently switched our cable services to another company and I haven’t figured out the new channel numbers yet — I’ve just been letting the TV play on whatever channel I randomly scroll to.
This is NOT a look inspired in any way by MLP, Twilight Sparkle, bronies (*shudder*) or anything like that. But it is a sparkly holiday look with a bit of smokey eye, so I just used the first name that popped in my head.
I wore last night when I went out for coffee with Mike. It’s finally gotten properly chilly (low of mid 30s) here, so all the winter gear has come out and with it, the winter looks. My camera tends to lean either overly cool or overly warm, so in this case, the colors are much cooler in the pictures than they are in real life. The red lip is actually a warm true red, not a blue-based pinky red as it looks in the picture.
Here’s how to get the look:
1) Start with an eyeshadow primer. (I used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original.)
2) Using a black cream shadow, roughly line your entire upper lid, thickening it right above the arch of your pupil to create the illusion of larger eyes. (I used NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean.)
3) Pat a sparkly antique gold shade into the very middle of your lid. (I used the 3rd shade in the Jill Stuart Brilliance Eyes palette in Amber Glaze.)
4) Apply a smokey charcoal shade into your outer V, going straight out from the crease and connecting into the gold shade. (I used the 4th shade in the Jill Stuart Brilliance Eyes palette in Amber Glaze.)
5) Using a pencil brush, apply a frosty pink on the inner corner of your eye. Also use this shade to line the first 1/4 of your bottom lid. ( I used the 2nd shade in the Jill Stuart Brilliance Eyes palette in Amber Glaze.)
6) With a smudge brush, blend out the edge of the black cream shadow.
7) Highlight your brow bone with a glittery white. (I used the 1st shade in the Jill Stuart Brilliance Eyes palette in Amber Glaze.)
8) Line your upper lid with a black liquid liner, creating a thick wing at the end. (I used Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner N in Jet Black.)
9) Line your lower waterline with an antique bronze shade. (I used Urban Decay 24/7 pencil eyeliner in Baked.)
10) Curl your lashes and apply mascara, and false lashes, if you wish. (I used Urban Decay The Revolution lash curler, Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes mascara in Blackest Black, and Ardell lashes in 110.)
On my face I’m wearing:
Yves St. Laurent Touche Eclat in 4.5 (I got a sample of this and I think I finally understand the hype! With the newer shades, I found a nice match for my skintone.)
Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation in 6.0
NARS The Multiple in Malibu
Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Candlelight Highlighting pressed powder
Black Radiance Radiant Lip Gloss in 3201 Radiant Red
In other news, I can’t wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday! I’ve got a couple of deals in mind I want to try to nab, but I’m excited to see what all the cosmetics sales will be! Do you look forward to after-Thanksgiving sales?